Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You really can't ever know what may happen.

Well, the day is finally here! The campaign that seemed to last forever is finally ending! I have never liked politics, so I hope you don't get the impression that my excitement stems from the history that will be made this evening. No, that's not it. Sure, yay, history is going to be made, but unfortunately I've arrived at the point of not being able to care less. The campaigns on both sides have just become a matter of saying bad things about the other candidate. Sure, that's part of politics, but this campaign is nothing but that. I'm just tired of it. It's all just so negative, and I could go on for way too long about how annoyed I am. The point is, I'm just so excited it's going to be over!
Get out and vote if you haven't already!
On a slightly lighter note, my weekend was good! It wasn't the most eventful, but there were some highlights that I would like to share. I'm still trying to wake up early every morning, and I did really good all weekend!

On Friday, I woke up at 7am! Good, huh? I know. I had to take my sister to school that morning. She had to go get something from one of her teachers, and then I had to bring it to my mom. Just if you were wondering why I had to take her. Okay, it was Halloween, and I thought it was funny to keep telling Chelsea to be careful because it was Halloween and "you never know what may happen." Anyway, I was saying it to everything that happened, and I thought it was just SO funny! haha I still do kind of. On my way to the elementary school to meet my mom I got pulled over by one of the school cops! I didn't get a ticket, so it turned out being funny. I mean, right? It was Halloween! You never know what may happen!

Friday night was of course focused around trick-or-treating for most people, but there were a lot of people at the football game too of course. My family was one that went to the game in Stafford, so there was no trick-or-treating at my house. There hasn't been trick-or-treating at my house in a few years though. My dad gets too irritated with the older kids that don't dress up and come asking for treats in their pillow cases. Plus, our house is located in seriously the most popular place in all of Needville. It's across the street from the elementary school and the road is a wide road because of the car rider line at the end of each day. So anyway, there are just so many people, and my dad is very irritable about it. I really like it, but I unfortunately don't make the decisions.

Jessica's family and I went to her aunt's house to eat chili and then pass out candy to trick-or-treaters. It was a lot of fun, and I really like chili, so I enjoyed it. There weren't too many trick-or-treaters. Jessica's aunt lives in a smaller neighborhood away from the majority of houses in town, so most trick-or-treaters that came were friends of theirs' or kids from the neighborhood.

Okay enough about that, here's the good stuff: the football game gossip! The one game Jess and I chose to skip was the game that will be remembered for a long time! Chelsea didn't go to the game either, but you know, being in high school, gossip spreads fast. She found out Friday night, but she spent the night at a friend's house, so I didn't hear about it until Saturday morning (I was asleep when my mom and dad got home). I bet the suspense is killing you!

Well, when I woke up Saturday morning at 8am I got in the shower. When I got out, Chelsea had gotten home, and she was grouchy. She's not a morning person. She said in a mumbly voice, "Did you hear about the cheerleaders?" I don't know why, but I got nervous. My first thought was something bad like, their bus had a wreck or something. I said, "No. Do I want to?" Again, she's grouchy, so she said, "I don't know" (with a roll of the eyes and heavy breathing). haha I said, "Is it sad? Am I going to cry?" ahahahaha I don't know why I said that, but I really did. She got really tired of the game I was playing with her and said, "They were caught with alcohol in their water bottles."

Yep! Seven of the twelve cheerleaders were drinking Jim Beam during the game. We, as a town, are just so proud! You never know what may happen, huh?!? Supposedly (remember, we're going off of gossip here), one of the girls had the whole bottle of Jim in her bag! I mean, how stupid are you? It's so funny to me that they just couldn't wait until after the game. Oh, and of course it was on the news. The news loves to broadcast what losers we are here. It's so embarrassing really.

Believe me, the punishment is a big deal right now. All seven were given MIPs. Plus, they are in ISS until the end of this week (that has something to do with six weeks tests going on this week) and starting Monday they will be in alternative school for 120 days. That means they'll be in A-school until the last weeks of school most likely (I think it leaves like 20 days of school). Some people think the punishment isn't hard enough, others think it's too much. Personally, I don't really have an opinion. I definitely think they're gonna need punishment though, and if the handbook (the handbook is a big deal here) says 120 days is the punishment for having alcohol on campus or at a school related activity, then that's what should happen. What do y'all think?

So, all of that happened on Friday. The rest of the weekend was good, but nothing too exciting. I mean what can beat high school cheerleaders drinking at a football game! On Saturday, Jessica and I took Chelsea shopping, and on Sunday Jessica and I went to Melanie's house to paint a table. The table turned out SO good! I'm going to try to get Melanie to email me a picture of it, so I can share it with all of you! I mean, it's really good! I'm very proud of it.

Alright, that's all I have. I know, random post, but I didn't have much to talk about. Hopefully I'll be subbing by the end of the week, so that should give me something to talk about later.

Y'all get out there and vote! You've still got two hours. I mean, after all, you really can't ever know what may happen!!!

P E A C E ☮U T
Cameron

1 comment:

lauren said...

im waiting!!!!

i just wantto make sure all is well at the raska house. do blog soon. i kow there is lots for you to talk about!!

love and miss you